National Minimum Wage Rates 2019
From 1st April NMW rates will increase again with the 25+ rate moving from £7.83 to £8.21. Our article covers all of the band increases and forecast increases to statutory family and sick pay rates from, the 7th and 6th April respectively.
On 1st April 2019 the national living wage (NLW) and national minimum wage rates (NMW) will increase. The new rates are as follows:
- For those aged 25 & over - NLW rises £7.83 to £8.21 ph
- For those aged 21 but under 25 NMW will rise from £7.38 to £7.70 ph
- For those aged 18 – 20 NMW rate will rise from £5.90 to £6.15 ph
- For those aged 16 – 17 NMW rate rises from £4.20 to £4.35 ph
- The apprentice rate will rise from £3.70 to £3.90 ph
Statutory Sick Pay is expected to increase from 7th April to £94.25 per week and from 6th April Statutory Maternity Pay, Statutory Paternity Pay Statutory Adoption Pay and Shared Parental Pay are all expected to increase to £148.68 per week.