Minimum Wage Changes April 2018
Easter's on its way and with it comes the new National Minimum Wage rates and the National Living Wage adjustment for the over 25s. Read on to see the rate changes that will be effective from 1st April 2018.
On 1st April 2018 the national living wage (NLW) and national minimum wage rates (NMW) will increase. The new rates are as follows:
- For those aged 25 & over - NLW rises by 33p from £7.50 per hour (ph) to £7.83 ph
- For those aged 21 but under 25 NMW will rise from £7.05 ph to £7.38 ph
- For those aged 18 – 20 NMW rate will rise from £5.60 ph to £5.90 ph
- For those aged 16 – 17 NMW rate rises from £4.05 ph to £4.20 ph
- The apprentice rate will rise from £3.50 ph to £3.70 ph
Increases in Statutory Sick Pay (to £92.05 per week), Statutory Maternity Pay, Statutory Paternity Pay Statutory Adoption Pay and Shared Parental Pay (all now £145.18 per week) also apply from April 1st.
If you're thinking of outsourcing your HR why not contact myhrdept.co.uk. With HR Outsource packages from only £140 per month (and from as little as £80 per month for start-ups) and support for HR Projects available for one-off issues, we believe we offer the best combination of quality and price available in the UK. Call us on 01628 820515 to discuss your requirements contact us and we’ll call you back.